Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_8_] Muggles[_8_] is offline

Default OT Idiot lights-out drivers

On 2/13/2016 11:23 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 13 Feb 2016 22:02:15 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

On 02/13/2016 09:26 PM, Muggles wrote:
I've never been fond of riding motor cycles myself. Kind of scary. How
do you get used to it?

I don't know. Start when you are young and stupid? I was never too
comfortable flying and gave it up eventually even though I
intellectually realize it's a lot safer than bikes. In fact the guy who
taught me to fly was an ag pilot as was his father. Despite parking a
few planes in a tree, which is one of the occupational hazards of ag
flying, his father was killed on a motorcycle. It's definitely not
rational.

I used to love riding the bike - I had an Ex Police Honda that I was
thinking about riding across Africa and Europe coming back from Zambia
until a friend lost his life on his brand new 750-4 when he hit a
Honda 90 that pulled out in front of him. The 90 driver lost his leg.
My friend lost most of his skull sliding down the pavement -after
destroying the helmet he had on his head.

Somehow motorcycle riding has never been the same for me since.
Sure - I've owned a few bikes since, and did some local driving - but
I've never had the desire to do any long distancr riding since and
have not actually driven a motorcycle in the last almost 20 years.

Hoping to have my pilots license by the time the Pegazair is ready to
fly - - -

My dad, in his younger days, rode a Harley and had a group of guys he
rode with for a while. One of his buddies had an accident and when off
the side of a mountain. The next day he said he sold his bike and never
rode again.

--
Maggie