Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cold weather adaptation around the house

On 2/13/2016 5:22 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Bunch of years ago I saw a documentary on one of the indigenous people
of Siberia. Those guys seemed to have written the book on cold-weather
survival - as in room-temperature digits below zero F.

One technique I remember was a sort of house-within-a-house where they
would put up a tent inside a larger tent and live in that tent. No
fire, no fuel, no heat, of course.... Might even have been three tents,
one inside the other.

During power cut 2003, I heard of a Mormon
family pitching a tent in the living room,
and hunkering in the bunker that way. Must
have made some sense, then.

Also heard of folks who nail a blanket over
a door way and live in one room.

The Siberian thing is, like groovy and far
out. I mean, totaly in tents. (homonym:
intense. For those who missed the joke.
Which is why I am extensively explaining
the joke, for those who didn't yet get it.)

--
..
Christopher A. Young