Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cold weather adaptation around the house

On 2/13/2016 3:27 PM, wrote:
On 2/13/2016 9:26 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Western NYS, USA is three degrees below
zero (Farenheit) today.

Wonder what all I can do about the cold?
Obvious answer is to stay home and turn
the heat up. I've got a towel acting as

Turning up the heat should not be required - the furnace will run
until the set temperature is reached - unless the thermostat is on the
sheltered side of the wall close to the heat sourse and the house is
so drafty that the rest of the house never gets warm...

I do have a programmable thermostat. Some how,
it seems to always be at the wrong temp. Or, I
go away for a few hours, and put it on manual
to turn it down. Finally, I left it on manual,
and adjust as needed. Down at night for sleep,
up for daytime occupancy.

Some how, seems to work out okay.

--
..