Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Cold weather adaptation around the house

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
On 2/13/2016 11:18 AM, Muggles wrote:

Our house can get rather cold in the winter even with various sources of
heat that we have, so this year I tried one of those radiator oil
heaters on wheels, and it worked great! We liked it so much I bought
another one for the back part of the house.

My Dad liked his oil filled radiator. I've always
been a fan forced heat kind of guy. But, I may
try oil filled, some day. Thank you.

I would like to be proven wrong, but I just do not see any advantage over
the oil filled heaters over the electric heaters that just have a heating
element and a fan blowing across them. Isn't electric heat just the same
either way and you are wasting the money on a more expensive heater ?
Anything that produces heat from elecrtricity is going to use the same
ammout of KWH to raise the room to the same temperature.