Posted to alt.home.repair
Arnie Goetchius[_2_] Arnie Goetchius[_2_] is offline

Default National do not call list

bob haller wrote:

The other option that somebody else brought up - and which I may
actually invoke - is paying the xtra bucks to upgrade my POTS service
from the current $14.00 basic to FIOS with CallerID and Simultaneous
Ring... and then giving NoMoRobo a try.... seems like the best option
CYA-wise.
--
Pete Cresswell

FIOS depends on backup batteries and lots of high tech technology thats not as reliable as copper.

I had a FIOS line that wasnt reliable, noisey calls you couldnt hear each other, terrible customer support, always blaming our intenior wiring even after the first road tech reproduced the problem, with our house completely disconnected.

fios sales calls, mail etc were on the edge of harrasement, the fios battery failed after just 2 months, and verizon refused to cover it under warranty..

when my contract was over, i cancelled.

oh and the problem?

a bad router card in my local central office....

this was the worst customer service experience of my entire life

I've had FiOS for 8 years and did have an initial problem with the router but
they fixed that with in a week. There is no question that when the Fios battery
dies, you will be with out telephone service. The battery will normally last
about 6-8 hours which is fine for temporary outages. But for times like Sandy,
at he Jersey Shore we had no telephone (or electric service) for 11 days. After
2 days of that, found a Red Roof Inn in PA and moved there for the duration.

You can buy a Fios backup battery for about $20 so you could buy a couple and
keep your telephone service going for almost a day