Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Idiot lights-out drivers

On Sat, 13 Feb 2016 04:12:03 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

On Fri, 12 Feb 2016 17:38:29 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Friday, February 12, 2016 at 7:44:36 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/12/2016 6:31 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

An even stupider thing about daytime running lights is they don't turn
the tail lights on, which means there are now loads of people driving
around at night with only the front lights on, not realising they are
unlit at the back. If you have no front lights on in the day, when it
gets dark you notice.

On;y a compete idiot woult not notice the instrument panel is dark too.

That depends on the vehicle. I just checked the 2 cars that are home.

The 03 Element's dash is dark until the lights are turned on.

The 06 Ody's dash is lit whenever the car is running and actually gets dimmer
when the headlights are turned on.

The Oddity has an electronic display - right??

If you mean like a blank screen until the car is started, no. All gauges and indicators
are always visible. The gauges are backlit when the ignition is on and the indicators
light up.

Not a blank screen, but no physical needles ? - bar graph or "lit"
indicators?

http://media.caranddriver.com/images...s-1280x782.jpg

I'm not sure about the 07 Civic or the 05 Taurus. They're both away from home
getting their Master's degrees at this time. :-)

DRL do not really give you much to see by. The purpose it to be seen
under certain circumstances.