Posted to alt.home.repair
Andy[_35_] Andy[_35_] is offline

Default Wood panel repair

On Saturday, February 13, 2016 at 10:29:17 AM UTC-6, Don Y wrote:
On 2/13/2016 7:52 AM, Andy wrote:
I am looking for some ideas on repairing or hiding a large hole in some paneling.

Hole is about 8 x 12 inches.

Paneling is no longer made.

Hole is not in between studs.

So, there's a stud running down the "middle" of the hole (i.e.,
a portion of the hole between the studs to the left of it and
another portion of the hole between the studs to the right)?

Where is the hole (in terms of its relationship to your living
space? Basement? Living room, etc.?

Where *in* that space: up at the ceiling? crammed in a corner?
down at the floor? etc.

What's on the other side of that space? Why aren't you asking
about how to "patch" THAT side?

[I.e., it would have been helpful if you'd indicated what WAS
in that hole, before, so folks could better visualize the
problem.]

Living room right at eye level.

Re-read my post.

Wood was in the hole. :-)

I was not asked to patch the other side, which is in another room anyway.

Andy