Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Anyone use these soft close drawer adapters?

On Friday, February 12, 2016 at 1:29:27 PM UTC-6, -MIKE- wrote:

Those are the line I'm using.
IIRC the difference between the 8500 and 8505 is full-extension, vs.
over-extension.
Both very, very strong.

You are correct, sir. Check it out:

http://s1322.photobucket.com/user/Ro...07af0.jpg.html

That is a 30" drawer (plus or minus) that is about 12" deep. You can see the 2x2 crossbar I glued/screwed in the middle. It did two things.

First, you can see the black screw through the side holding it in place. This allowed me to push the sagging bottom back up, screw it to the 2x2, and glue it all together. It tightened up the drawer a whole lot, too.

Next, the "stuff" she put in the drawer could now sit on the crossbar instead of being on the thin bottom with no other support. Her glass casserole pans and some other Pyrex ware sit on the edge of the bottom next to the front or back that is dadoed into the sides, then lay across the 2x2.

I sprayed it all out with enamel when I second coated the drawer fronts and it looked like original equipment.

Although that repair was several years ago, I still see that client for all kinds of maintenance. Last year she let me look around at her kitchen when I was there for some work, and that drawer is as stout as the day I put it in. It is probably carrying about 60lbs of "stuff" now, and will easily extend all the way out with no binding or wobble.

I like that line of slides. I actually used them the first time many years ago to rehab a shop built (not mine) wide body file cabinet in an office. I positioned them differently, but they worked just as well. Good stuff.

Robert