Posted to uk.d-i-y
F Murtz F Murtz is offline

Default First concrete 3d printed building?

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 11/02/16 15:25, Adam Aglionby wrote:
On Wednesday, February 10, 2016 at 1:13:22 PM UTC, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 12:01:24 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

snip

The one experience I've had of 3d printers is some clips made for the
parcel shelf on the old Rover. The originals are plastic and break
after a
few years. The 3D replacements after a few weeks. I eventually made new
ones from ally plate. Which are far stronger.

I'm not sure how PLA (the default 3D printer filament type) fares in
the sunlight yet because I've not had chance to test it but those
things I've printed and tested to destruction seem pretty tough?

And of course there is 3D printing and less than good 3D printing ...

Cheers, T i m

Unfortunately none of the current prinatble plastics appear to like UV
exposure , aprt from post cure

https://www.3dhubs.com/materials

I think the view to take is that robotiic deposition rather than robotic
removal (as in CNC mills and lathes) is the next stage, what you deposit
and how, is rather a wide range of possibilities.

I can imagine a robot with pipes and arms that yu feed sand cement water
and piles of bricks into that lays ten thousand bricks in a day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khb5cIq_mO0