Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New consumer unit

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:

I also have a T+E sheath stripper which takes 1 second to take several
inch section off.

Split the cable end with a sharp knife. Pull the ECC out to one side with
pliers to cut through the sheath. Pull the split sheath off the blue and
brown. Snip off the sheath with cutters.

The less tools you can leave behind, the better. ;-)

I've done both - the tool I have is *much* easier...

I can strip cables with nothing but a stanley knife, but I prefer to
work more comfortably if possible

Snag with using a sharp knife is its too easy to nick the conductor. With
the relatively blunt jaws of side cutters, you dont. As you don't actually
cut through the insulation with them.

--
*INDECISION is the key to FLEXIBILITY *

Dave Plowman London SW