Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_8_] Muggles[_8_] is offline

Default National do not call list

On 2/12/2016 4:42 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 02/11/2016 10:33 AM, burfordTjustice wrote:

[snip]

Why do people complain about phone calls and the Do not call list.
Can't you figure out how to screen calls, read caller ID and/or
not answer and let the answering machine take a message.

Gad Damn it ain't that hard.

You still have the interruption (ringing).

Then there's the blank messages some are leaving now. Just a little hiss
(or mumbling), but enough your answering machine thinks it's a message.

I've turned off the ringer on my phone, and just look at the answering
machine occasionally. It's usually one or more blank messages.

I've turned off the ringers on all the phones, but the phone base for
the digital phone we have still rings, and I can't find any button or
setting to turn that last ringer off.

--
Maggie