Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks
Checkmate, DoW #1 Checkmate, DoW #1 is offline

Default Drywall taping strategy

In article ,
says...

On 2/10/2016 11:17 PM, Don Y wrote:
What are the relative pros/cons of tackling drywall/taping job
in little pieces vs. the whole shebang? E.g., I can hang board,
tape, skim coat, sand, etc. in a room-at-a-time before proceeding
on to the next room. In that way, only having to protect the
contents of one room at a time and still keep the majority of
the house livable.

Or, get everything taped and then go on a sanding frenzy -- making
one huge mess but then it's *done*. This, however, means covering
EVERYTHING and living under plastic for a while.

The only kit I think would be affected is for applying corner bead.
But, I think that's cheap enough that it could be purchased and
not rented.

How does the strategy change when it comes to tackling the ceilings?

No strategy involved, rubber lips. Just tape the spaces.

Honestly, these amateurs!

Practice makes perfect. I got good at it, but only because I'm too
cheap to pay someone else to do something I can do myself. If you can't
do it in three applications, you aren't good at it yet.

--

Checkmate, AUK DoW #1, new FNVW of AUK, and Fakey's master
Destroyer of the AUK Ko0k Vote (Post-Burnore)