TekMan

Default 466 TEK Scope problem FOUND! -Question on replacement IC

Jim Yanik wrote in message ...
chris1@oupower_dot_com (Chris) wrote in
om:

Hey guys. I have finally found the bad part in my TEK 466 Scope. It is
the Op amp 156-0158-00 Mini-DIP, Motorola, Op Amp, MC1458P1 it says
RCA 827 at the bottom.

Any idea if I can swap this out with one from Radio Shack? Or does it
have to be a Tektronix one of identical make?

If I can swap it, can someone tell me what 8 pin Op Amp model I can
use instead of this one? And will it affect calibration or should it
be ok? -It's the op amp off of the +15v power supply schematic on my
466 scope.

Thank You,
-Chris

I would not substitute other IC types,you can use a generic 1458,dunno if
RS has them.As another has posted,the 1458 is still available,and
inexpensive.

The TL072 / TL082 worked well in my repairs.

Also substitutes from PMI did.

But avoid all dual opamp types with BW-gain produkt of more than 3MHz.
Then oscialltion might occur in some cases.

When you look at the circuit, yo usee that the regulation is well
designed, there is no voltage stress on the opamps (everything stays
very well below the maximum supply voltage limits).

HTH,

Andreas