Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default OT Idiot lights-out drivers

Don Y posted for all of us...

On 2/12/2016 10:44 AM, philo wrote:
On 02/12/2016 11:26 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

It is a peeve of mine too. I figure it is just stupidity. Fortunately,
many cars now have automatic lights that overcome dumb drivers.

Last week I was on the highway on a dark, rainy, early morning. The
blind spot detection lit up. Since I was alone on the road I figured
the rain was giving a false reading. Nope, some idiot with no lights on
passed me.

Bigger pet peeve for me are pedestrians wearing all black and running across
the middle of the road at night, or bicyclists with no lights or reflectors.

(sigh) We tend to have few/no street lights in much of the town.

Many "blocks" are very long. E.g., the crosswalks at the street
onto which ours connects are probably 0.25 mi apart. So, folks
really tend to avoid "crossing at the nearest crosswalk".

*And*, a population that seems to think that BLACK stands out well during
DAYLIGHT so it *must* stand out well at NIGHT, as well!

frown

As a result, we frequently have folks getting wacked by cars, in the
roadway. Another killed just the other day (hit by one car, thrown
into the opposite lane where hit by *another* car -- neither car
cited for excessive speed, etc.).

Lots of candidates for Darwin Awards!

Tekkie