Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default OT Idiot lights-out drivers

On 2/12/2016 11:20 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per KenK:
Why do these people drive with lights out? Save gas - engine runs easier
without generating electricity for lights? Seems I've seen many more of
them in the past year for some reason.

Breeding more of them in your area too?

First thing I think of is people with much better night vision than I
have don't notice the lack of lights for awhile.

I think it's just folks too absorbed in non-driving activities/thoughts
to THINK about what they *should* be doing!

Why does a car need to *remind* you to put on your seat belt?
Put car in park (if you turn off ignition before doing so)?
Release parking brake?
etc.

People have come to assume everything "does stuff" FOR them. So,
they have no role/responsibility in the activity beyond the obvious
(controlling the steering wheel!)

When looking at new cars, one of the salespeople commented about
how she no longer uses her mirrors but, instead, RELIES on the
blind spot detectors to tell her if she should NOT change lanes;
the "radar" to tell her when she's about to back into something;
etc.

"Hmmm... what roads do you drive -- so I know which ones to AVOID?!"