Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default New consumer unit

On 12/02/2016 15:52, Chris French wrote:
Tim Watts Wrote in message:
On 12/02/16 12:01, Andy Burns wrote:
stuart noble wrote:

I'd be interested to know what type of cable stripper your
lads get issued with. Mine are difficult to set

For larger cables it's easy enough to use cutters as others have said,
but for smaller sizes I have some fixed strippers/shears, which avoid
the hassle of constantly adjusting them.

http://www.piergiacomi.com/piergiacomi/en/products/hand-tools/334-cesoie-multi-uso-dettaglio.html#CSP301

the CSP302 version does larger diameter cables (perhaps OK for 2.5mm^2
and 4.0mm^2 ?)

I have a pair of sidecutter with 2 cable cutter "nicks" - 1-1.5mm2 and
2.5mm2 - very useful.

I also have a T+E sheath stripper which takes 1 second to take several
inch section off.

I've got a pair of self adjusting ones, that seem to work well and
don't nick the conductor. Sure I can do it with side cutters or a
knife but this is easy and quick.

http://www.rapidonline.com/tools-equ...000005-profess
ional-wire-stripper-no-5-86-0320

I actually bought then when we were doing some physics/electrical
stuff with a group of kids and it was much easier to let them use
these rather than teach then how to use a knife, cutters
etc.

They worked so well that the made it into my tool kit.

They look pretty idiot proof. Just the job