Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default First concrete 3d printed building?

On Fri, 12 Feb 2016 13:10:54 +0000, dennis@home
wrote:

snip

p.s. Do you have or use a 3D printer and if so, what model?

I had a play with one nearly two years ago, it wasn't mine and I don't
know what it was.

Ok.

I don't think it had a heated bed, quite a few don't now.

And quite a few do, even when printing PLA and especially when
printing nearly every other material.

Isn't the heated bed to stop uneven cooling causing the print to curl
and lift from the bed.

That's partly the reason and the alternative is to use some other way
of 'sticking' the job to the bed, like hair spray, diluted PVA, double
sided tape etc. However, none of the 'alternatives' have the advantage
of keeping some heat in the job and the material 'plastic'.

I keep saying I am going to buy/build one but TOH says No!!

And you do as you are told? shrug

Cheers, T i m