Posted to uk.d-i-y
Blanco Blanco is offline

Default ; TOT; Piggin passwords

"dennis@home" wrote in message
web.com...
On 11/02/2016 14:42, Mike Barnes wrote:

Now I find that the fingerprint reader is even quicker and more
convenient than the usual swipe method. I just press the home button and
I'm in. *Therefore* it's no problem to have a PIN as well, which means
that everything on the phone including my meagre call credit is
protected without the inconvenience that routine PIN entry would entail.

You press the scanner so that leaves a finger print on the button.
All you need now is to be able to lift that print and put it on a skin
analogue and you can get in.

And its completely trivial for the sensor to check if its a live finger.

There was a mythbusters episode where they were breaking finger print
readers if you want to look for it.