Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default DIY NAS question for the *nix experts

On 07/02/2016 15:10, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
Of course, you're quite right that there are no termination issues with
SATA because it's point-to-point. But my comments about SCSI
termination being a black art stand. I've worked with SCSI for many
years from the early SASI devices, right up to U320 SCSI.

I'm another one who never saw silent SCSI problems from termination. I
started with SASI, and got out of the design side about SCSI-2 - and
never saw anything like that. It either worked, or not. After all it
does have parity. You'd have to try pretty hard to get no parity errors,
but data errors.

Andy