Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Enjoy this picture of a 4,500 HP electric motor

On Thu, 11 Feb 2016 03:16:26 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 18:28:53 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Yes, classical music has an extremely large dynamic range, with no
room for noise, dropouts, or wavering. (can't recall the word for
that)

'Wow and Rumble' was how it was referred to, for turntables and tape
machines.

I was referring more to FM, but you can also see something like it on
a weak TV signal. It has been a very long time since I've even
thought of this.

That was referred to as 'Fade', or 'Flutter', depending on the rate
that it happened. It was caused by a marginal signal that was outside
the set's AGC range.

Yeah, those terms sound familiar. Thanks.

--
I would be the most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people
who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves.