ND

Default Picture fades out

Hi,
I have a 27 inch Panasonic, PIP tv(around 9 years old). Here is the problem
This was some time back, When I turn on the TV, picture comes up but
in 5-10 seconds slowly fades away till there is blank screen, the sound is
fine.
Now if I turn off the TV and turn it back on the picture doesn't come. If I
keep the TV
plugged out for a long time and try it again the above behaviour is
repeated(picture comes up and fades out).
This has gotten worse and worse, and now when I turn on the TV even after
keeping it plugged out for a long time, the picture does not come up.
I dont know much about TVs but I after reading some of the posts on this
newsgroup, I opened up the TV to check two things, to see if there are bad
solders at the board that hooks up with CRT and to see if I turn on the TV,
at the end of CRT if I see orange glows. The solders look ok to me but when the
TV is on, I dont see any glows in the glass tube at the end of CRT.
What could be the problem ? Is there anything I can do to repair this TV.
Thanks in advance for your help.

-ND