Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default National do not call list (and Catholic donations of record)

On Thursday, February 11, 2016 at 10:44:20 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 2/11/2016 10:22 AM, John wrote:
On 2/11/2016 9:32 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
This is true, 50's, 60's and even into the 70's. I was brought up as
Catholic by devout Catholic parents who were publicly shamed by the
meager contributions my father could afford.

I could go on but I will leave it at that.

John

Perhaps they had not heard of the parable
of the widow's mite?

I would ask them but they are dead now.

Perhaps you would be so kind as to enlighten us?

John

Most people who lived in the fifties and sixties
are rather elderly. And many are dead. I don't think
writing on a Usenet list will enlighten the Catholic
church at that time.

The parable of the widow's mite is told in some
Christian churches (such as Mormons / The Church of
Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints). Are you inviting
me to share the parable with this usenet list?

--
.
Christopher A. Young

please do.

While I almost never go to church, mostly social thing like weddings and funerals.

my exprience with. After a near death exprience. i decided to help others.

have on multiple occasions taken in homeless people we know. house fires etc... have helped a friend with a inner city minestries....

lots of wierd helping people.

I TRULY believe the following, its not where you go on sunday, its how you live the rest of your life....... try to help others
.