Posted to alt.home.repair
bob_villain bob_villain is offline

Default National do not call list (and Catholic donations of record)

On Thursday, February 11, 2016 at 8:32:08 AM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 2/11/2016 9:24 AM, John wrote:
On 2/10/2016 10:29 PM, bob haller wrote:

tthe cathoic church back in the 1960 published each familys donation
is a parish newsletter and actually posted the amount donated each
week by each family inside the church .

This is true, 50's, 60's and even into the 70's. I was brought up as
Catholic by devout Catholic parents who were publicly shamed by the
meager contributions my father could afford.

I could go on but I will leave it at that.

John

Perhaps they had not heard of the parable
of the widow's mite?

....or the people that did the shaming, "Judge not, lest ye be judged". "Do as you would have it done to you".