Posted to alt.home.repair

Default National do not call list

My experience with the Federal "Do Not Call" program:
Since registering my landline and mobile on it
six years ago, the number of calls to both went
up like the human population curve since the
late 1800s! Names of states for caller IDs,
"Unknown", "Private Caller", etc, etc, etc. Day
and night my cell and the land line would ring.
Sometimes the same caller 3-4x per day. I have
since had my mobile # changed, and now get a
fraction of such calls to it. We also plan to change
our landline #, and this time, will register NEITHER
with the Do Not Call list!

Question: Who runs the Do Not Call Registry?
Answer: The Federal TRADE Commission(FTC)

And what does the FTC regulate and facilitate?

TRADE!! And COMMERCE!

And what do you think they do with your phone
numbers once you register them with the DNC
list? Give or sell them to businesses!! smdh...

So folks, do yourselves a huuuuge favor - STAY
OFF the Do Not Call list! Period.