Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_7_] Muggles[_7_] is offline

Default National do not call list

On 2/10/2016 9:29 PM, bob haller wrote:
On Wednesday, February 10, 2016 at 10:02:28 PM UTC-5, Micky wrote:
On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 18:45:25 -0800 (PST), bob haller
wrote:

Does a religious based caller selling a product for profit have to comply with the do not call list?

I suspect it must, but I'm quoting and quoting below and don't find
the answer. Were they trying to sell cemetery plots in the church's
own cemetery? If they don't own the cemetery, it seems like they
would be a 3rd party caller for a cemetery that might have to obey the
rules. Or if they do own the cemetery but a 3rd party service was
calling (as happens with the volunteer fire deparatment all the time,
I hear) they're not covered. Hmm. I just realized I could get them to
stop calling. AIUI, the commission they charge is high. .

At any rate, even if they were not covered, if you tell them you dont'
want them to call again, they have to stop. I think, even if they're
a charity.

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles...-call-registry

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/busi...provisions-tsr

What calls are covered?

The do not call provisions of the TSR cover any plan, program or
campaign to sell goods or services through interstate phone calls.
This includes calls by telemarketers who solicit consumers, often on
behalf of third party sellers. It also includes sellers who are paid
to provide, offer to provide, or arrange to provide goods or services
to consumers.

The National Do Not Call Registry covers intrastate telemarketing
calls under the FCC's rules. You can find information on the FCC's
regulations at www.fcc.gov/cgb/donotcall/.

What types of calls are not covered by the National Do Not Call
Registry?

The do not call provisions do not cover calls from political
organizations, charities, telephone surveyors, or companies with which
a consumer has an existing business relationship.

Do the do not call provisions of the TSR cover calls soliciting
money for charities?

Charities that are calling on their own behalf to solicit charitable
contributions are not covered by the requirements of the national
registry. However, if a third-party telemarketer is calling on behalf
of a charity, a consumer may ask not to receive any more calls from or
on behalf of that specific charity. If a third-party telemarketer
calls again on behalf of that charity, the telemarketer may be subject
to a fine of up to $16,000 .

i got a call tonight trying to sell cemetary plots. their caller id was marked private. they called during my dinner.

this group treated me and my family very poorly when i was a kid. my mom was a single parent. the church posted the donation amount inside the church. we were broke.......

The church required a donation in order to ??? and your mother didn't
have the money and ???. I don't want to pry, but you seem to want to
explain, but I don't understand.

the call ended poorly, the sales lady after hearing what happened to me and my family said i was possed by the devil.

LOL.

i suggested she works for a corrupt organization.

i would like to report tham for a do not call infraction

https://www.donotcall.gov/

and

Filing a complaint

You have multiple options for filing a complaint with the FCC:

File a complaint online
By phone: 1-888-CALL-FCC (1-888-225-5322); TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC
(1-888-835-5322); ASL: 1-844-432-2275
By mail (please include include your name, address, contact
information and as much detail about your complaint as possible):

Federal Communications Commission
Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau
Consumer Inquiries and Complaints Division
445 12th Street, S.W.
Washington, DC 20554

tthe cathoic church back in the 1960 published each familys donation is a parish newsletter and actually posted the amount donated each week by each family inside the church .

i was part of a single parent family, before it became popular....

my family my mom. me 6 years old and my grandma had near no money....... family gave us food.

i blame the catholic church, i got beat up as a kid because we werent a good catholic family since we didnt have the bucks todonate to the church.

i actually found the repaired places in te brick walls where the signs were attached

That's horrible.

--
Maggie