David Hearn

Default Draining a central heating system with no drain point

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 09:41:48 -0000, "David Hearn"
wrote:

As an aside - is there any problem with running a CH pump with no water

in
it? Not that I've done it, but I just wondered.

Only if you own stock in Grundfos...... :-)

Anything more than a very short "accident" will likely screw it up -
typically the bearings.

Thanks - that's good to know. I had (bizarre) visions of pumping the water
around to possibly drain it faster - however, I also realised that it was
likely to run dry quickly. Good to know that its not something I should
try. Not even sure if it would have done much benefit anyway - certainly
not going to experiment!

Thanks