Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Enjoy this picture of a 4,500 HP electric motor

On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 18:47:00 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 09:16:11 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
I worked in TV for a long time, so it is mostly background noise when

So why waste electricity and disturb your peace and quiet? That's my
goal nowadays. Total quiet.

That is impossible. My tinnitus is so bad that it wakes me up. I have to
leave the TV on, a radio and two fans to help mask it enough just to get
any sleep. It is miserable, whenever the power is out. I may be awake
for days at a time, because of the loud whistling.

I think it's my own tinnitus which makes me enjoy the lack of external
noise so much.

I loved MWC but never watched TRFTS. I missed Buffy the Vampire
Slayer a lot, though, and bought 3 seasons of that for about $20.

I like TRFTS, because it is a screwball comedy. Jane Curtain looks
like she as about to lose it most of the time, and it's funny watching

It was too slapsticky and/or forced for my taste.

the aliens try to understand humans. Of course, having Kirsten Johnston
on the show, doesn't hurt the eyeballs.,

http://24.media.tumblr.com/df456a935d9402838ce4cdbf62ac9e66/tumblr_miv5ny1b4O1ry7r58o1_400.gif

Yeah, not bad.

It is hard to believe that people wasted $1,300,000,000 on a bloody
stadium for sports. Without massive corporate sponsorships, most
products would cost less than half what they do now. Grrr.

That is why I stay away rom most name brands that do a lot of
advertising. The 'generic' 80 cent version of Diet Mountain Dew tastes
the same as the $2.29 bottle from Pepsico.

I'll have to try that. What's your generic called?

I drink maybe a gallon of soda each year. Lately it's been diet Dr.
Pepper over no-sugar-added vanilla ice cream.

--
I would be the most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people
who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves.