Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] geraldrmiller@yahoo.ca is offline

Default Enjoy this picture of a 4,500 HP electric motor

On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 11:26:03 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Larry Jaques wrote:

Time for a new mast system, wot? Better yet, Repent!, and TV no
more.
I'm going on 11 years without it now. Netflix and Redbox give me
the
movie fixes I need, but I haven't suffered through brainless
broadcast
TV or the massively stupid and numerous commercials for over a
decade.
The only commercials I actively seek are those for the Stupor Bowl,
and even then, at millions a pop, they put some stupid one on. The
money spent on sports and commercials each year would be enough, in
one single year, to -feed- and -house- the homeless and hungry poor
in
America (even those who don't deserve it), and probably a few dozen
other countries. Too bad so few people have this perspective.
(Sorry, it just slipped out.)

I worked in TV for a long time, so it is mostly background noise
when
it is on. I broke down and paid $19.99 for the entire collection of
'Third Rock From The Sun' TV series on DVDs. There are 139, 22
minute
episodes, on 17 DVDs. I bought it, and the complete 'Married With
Children (for $26.77), on ebay. Third rock is even better, with no
commercials! ;-)

So far, my record with the Superbowl: I have managed to miss the
last
50 of them. including most of the commercials. The only televised
sports
i watched was early NASCAR, before in car cams destroyed it, and
IROC
racing.

The current Fox show "Lucifer" is witty and interesting, though I'm
not recording it. It's derived from John Milton's Satan in Paradise
Lost, as recast in the Sandman comic book series. He's bored with Hell
and takes a vacation as a James Bond-ish night club owner in its
earthly equivalent, Los Angeles. While he's lost interest in
subverting good souls he enjoys the challenge of destroying the wicked
ones by telling them only the truth. Tom Ellis's performance as the
charming Devil carries the show entirely.

My wife mentioned that she enjoyed that show and her friend (an
expectant, pre-marital convert) practicaly disowned her after 50+
years of friendship.
---

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada