Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Enjoy this picture of a 4,500 HP electric motor (telephone hybrid)

Jim Wilkins wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Those FIOS interfaces have a small battery in them, and I've heard
that some of the commercial grade can be connected to an external
gel cell for extended operation.

The repairman switched me to a spare pair with no bridge taps and cut
it off beyond my house.

They did that here, but my house is already at the end of the line.
they also switched to a different pair in the six pair cable that runs
from my 'Network Interface' to the pedestal at the end of my driveway.
I've seen the DC voltage on the line drop to a couple volts, with the
phone 'On hook'. I only have one phone connected to the line, and it is
new wire inside the house. It's only a couple feet between the 'Network
Interface', and the jack on the inside of that wall.