Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Ev SX300 speaker problem

On 10/02/2016 17:53, wrote:
If these are what I recall from working on these in the past, they are what are called T-Nuts. They should be fine as is. I would replace the broken one only. These are common in speaker cabs to hold down the speakers.

Dan

Yes T-nuts , well sort of, T nuts proper have flats and slide in
channels for moveable locking purposes.
I should have said they were surrounding the bass driver, not the horn.
I don't remember seeing them before. Perhaps cast aluminium , rather
than junk zinc-heavy metal. At least not magnetic , but with much van
travelling , and being conductive metal, they could land up somewhere
they shouldn't. I think I'll try removing one of the complete six bolts
, insert a ball bearing and then tighten the bolt, to burst the end off,
and repeat if it works. Then a spring washer under each bolt, nothing
like that on the original fitting