Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default First concrete 3d printed building?

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:
The one experience I've had of 3d printers is some clips made for the
parcel shelf on the old Rover. The originals are plastic and break
after a few years. The 3D replacements after a few weeks. I eventually
made new ones from ally plate. Which are far stronger.

The better 3D printers can print metal objects.

Metal can break too. The usual pot metal one you'd find for this sort of
thing wouldn't be any stonger.

I have had a Panasonic bread maker for some time.

The first part to fail was the plastic catch for the dispenser
tray, so I fashioned a replacement, which was partially
successful.

When the rather abrasive seeded mix I use eventually wore off the
coating on blade and pan, it was better value to get a complete
new unit from ebay.

When the second dispenser latch failed, I came across

http://www.shapeways.com/model/181321/panasonic-sd253-breadmaker-dispenser-latch.html?li=productBox-search

Which is just the job. You'd think Panasonic could have done this
themselves.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK