Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Revox B251 Integrated Amp No Output and More

I figured I would report back on this beast.

I did get the power-supply back and stable. I also got the power amps back. What I did not get back was the preamp left channel. During the cap replacement process, I discovered no less than four (out of 28) cold solder joints, including a resistor that I simple pulled off the board leaving a neat little hole in each of its pads.

By the "Wiggle Method", I got the right channel to go intermittent as well. Suggesting that the cold solders are not confined to the power supply.

Which gets me to wondering if I should simply cut my losses at this point or spend another few hour chasing down phantom intermittents.

Thoughts?

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA