Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default First concrete 3d printed building?

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
I'm wondering if they are simply the latest fad. Which may eventually
replace making things in a traditional way - but is still a long way from
doing so, and may never. A bit like battery technology. Constantly being
improved, but still a long way off from storing energy in the same way as
a tank of petrol etc can. But is always just round the corner.

Or LEDs. I still can't buy a plug in LED bulb to truly replace a 150w
tungsten.

The one experience I've had of 3d printers is some clips made for the
parcel shelf on the old Rover. The originals are plastic and break after a
few years. The 3D replacements after a few weeks. I eventually made new
ones from ally plate. Which are far stronger.

The better 3D printers can print metal objects.