Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default ; TOT; Piggin passwords

On 10/02/16 14:56, Capitol wrote:
As his computer security is professional grade, it could have only come
from one of the on line suppliers storing information or having poor
security.

Not necessarily.

For example, you might have used a card in a compromised machine, or
someone who collects this info might have some or all of the info from a
dropped credit card receipt. My cards have always had the same 12 digits
FIRST and then the last 4 are changed with a new card. My receipts show
in fact the last four digits ONLY. Not hard too work out my car number
from a dropped receipt...and maybe an old card

Armed with a thousand card numbers and only a 3 digit security code on
the back, its very likely you will hit on at least one card that you get
'right first time' and which can then be raped.

"computer security is professional grade" reminds me of the time my
security consultant visited a Very Large Company to audit their
(Internet) firewall. It was, he said, rather good, but pointless,
because several employees had attached dial in modems to their DDI
extensions and their PCS in order to allow total access to their normal
company network work environment when working from home...