Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default First concrete 3d printed building?

On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 12:20:35 +0000, Syd Rumpo
wrote:

On 10/02/2016 12:00, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 11:16:05 +0000, Chris J Dixon
wrote:

stuart noble wrote:

Interesting that the local sand in The Philippines includes a proportion
of volcanic ash, which presumably makes it easier to pump through the
machinery. I think they might have trouble with normal sharp sand

I wonder how strong the structure is? There doesn't seem to be
any reinforcement.

I was looking at that as well, wondering if they put conventional ties
in between the inner and outer walls (and they could fairly easily),
or, if the materiel used didn't carry moisture when set, they could be
printed in from the bottom up (looking like hollow concrete blocks).

The text says "[There was] a large number of stops to install plumbing,
wiring and rebars in the concrete creation."

Well spotted. I remember the pictures, forget the words. ;-)

Cheers, T i m