Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default ; TOT; Piggin passwords

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Jonno wrote:

Tesco are expecting online shoppers to remember parts of
their passwords, like the 1st, 4th, 5th and 8th letters/digits.

Barclays have used that for ages.

Not for me the don't, I logon using my surname, sortcode and account
number which are burnt into my brain having been the same for 30+ years,
plus a one time code generated from my smartphone (or a PIN sentry
device plus my debit card).

What - details anyone could know from a cheque, etc?

The old way - which still works here - is surname, online banking
membership number, passcode number and memorable word. The memorable word
bit asks for a random two letters from it, using a drop down menu.

The only details of which that would be easy to find being the surname.

Or, of course, the PIN sentry device.

--
*Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.