Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default ; TOT; Piggin passwords

On Wednesday, 10 February 2016 07:43:41 UTC, Mike Barnes wrote:
Jonno wrote:
Apparently Tesco are expecting online shoppers to remember parts of
their passwords, like the 1st, 4th, 5th and 8th letters/digits.
Brilliant, the person who told me had to write out the password and pick
out the digits they required. So much for security.

Those would be so much easier, if they presented a "fill in the blanks"
form rather than telling us the digit positions.

my bank has that system. I wish visa verification was like that.

E.g. instead of presenting us with something like this, where ?
represents an input field:

Enter the 1st, 4th, 5th and 8th characters: ? ? ? ?

they could present us with:

Enter the requested characters: ? - - ? ? - - ?