Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default ; TOT; Piggin passwords

On Wednesday, 10 February 2016 00:34:05 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Jonno wrote:
Apparently Tesco are expecting online shoppers to remember parts of
their passwords, like the 1st, 4th, 5th and 8th letters/digits.
Brilliant, the person who told me had to write out the password and pick
out the digits they required. So much for security.

Barclays have used that for ages. A drop down menu. But perhaps they
expect most people with a bank account can spell.

what does spelling have to do with it the best passwords aren't spellable
they even tell you not to use words in teh dictonary, how many wordss can you spell that arn't in the dictionary that yuo can remmeber.

who can;t remebr how to spell password.

but what if your password was psswrdao
as a clue to the clueless I used this system for a while .
you take a known name/word you can spell and rememeber but use constants 1st, then add the vowels at the end.
or visa versa. Or how about turning your keyboard upside down, but this ,ight only work if you are a touch typist.