jimmymac

Default Sony CDP C225

Have a sony 5 disc of the model mentioned above that won't play. When the
discs are in, it cycles through them and won't recognise any of them. Took
it apart to see what was going on and it appears the discs are mounting
okay, but the player turns them at a slow, intermittent pulse, and then
gives up (no disc). I manually sped the rotation up (with my finger) and
then it seems to be able to read the disc (time of the disc comes up).

Is this just a spindle motor problem, or something else? And are there any
ideas where I can find a replacement part in Canada?

Thanks
James