Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default ; TOT; Piggin passwords

On 10/02/2016 01:40, F Murtz wrote:

I end up with extremely rude vulgar passwords in the end because of
this practice.
It is self defeating because everyone is writing their passwords down
and carrying them with them because it id becoming impossible to
remember them.

Its not as bad as it sounds, since its a way of keeping a list of
adequately complex unique passwords.

We are very good at keeping hold of bits of paper on our person - we
manage with purses / wallets etc.

All you need is some obfuscation to disguise the fact that what you have
is a password list...

It could be Aunty Ethel's phone number is not all it seems. The thing
that says Amazon Password, might actually be the Tesco one, written
backwards and only every other character used etc. Basically think of
some rule that's easy for you to use to sort the password out of the noise.

--
Cheers,

John.