Posted to alt.home.repair
Gordon Shumway Gordon Shumway is offline

Default News reader recommendations

On Sun, 07 Feb 2016 14:25:46 -0600, Gordon Shumway wrote:

A couple months ago my news provider, NewsGuy, changed the way they number the articles. Since then my news reader, Agent 6.0
has been very slow in retrieving new headers.

NewsGuy support says I should be getting headers as fast as I was before their change. Agent support says as long as I have
certain settings set the way I do then it isn't Agent's fault.

So the only way to sort this out is to try a different news reader. What recommendations do you have?

I found the problem!!!

Well, sort of. I have a corrupt filter or filters causing the slowdown. I thought it was my provider because the slowdown
started roughly the same time as their numbering change took place. Now all I have to do is figure out which one(s) is(are
the problem.

Thanks to all who responded.