Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Enjoy this picture of a 4,500 HP electric motor

"rangerssuck" wrote in message

.... very smart people, most of whom don't have a clue which end of a
soldering iron to pick up.

Truth, brother.

But they can jam many megabits per second through copper pairs, and
40 years ago that was deemed "impossible."

I was very impressed by this machine which compressed 4 KHz voice into
2400 bits per second for (...) and transmission through a modem:
http://www.jproc.ca/crypto/hy02.html

We could jam the vocal cord pitch to the low end to sound like Steve
the Stud, or to the high end for Larry the Fairy. When freshly tuned
it sounded pretty good, but it drifted.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vocoder