Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_7_] Jon Danniken[_7_] is offline

Default Twisted pair overhead power lines? Why?

On 02/08/2016 03:24 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 08 Feb 2016 14:37:09 -0600,
wrote:

In the past, I have seen REAL Blizzards, as well as "white-outs", and
drifts so high you could not even walk thru them. I still recall getting
trapped on a storm like that, while driving and not only did I have to
park my car and wait over two hours for the storm to lighten, but also
had to turn around and head home, knowing I'd never get to my
destination. Then it took almost 3 hours to drive about 10 miles.

BIG DIFFERENCE !!!

Yes there is a big difference - BUT - they put out warnings on worst
case scenario so people don't end up in the situation you did. You'd
really be upset if they said there was a chance of light drifting snow
with moderate winds (what you got when the heavy storm was forcast)
and you ended up with the full-blown blizzard. It's a case of CYA

I used to rely on NOAA for my weather forcasts, but I consistently found
myself planning for rain when it never happened. Nowadays I still check
there (great source of satellite and dopplar imaging), but I find that
the spot predictions from weather underground suit my activities a lot
better, even breaking it down by hour as to when it is going to rain.

Jon