Posted to alt.home.repair
wg_2002[_2_] wg_2002[_2_] is offline

Default News reader recommendations

On Mon, 08 Feb 2016 15:16:59 +0000, Scott Lurndal wrote:

Gordon Shumway writes:
A couple months ago my news provider, NewsGuy, changed the way they
number the articles. Since then my news reader, Agent 6.0 has been very
slow in retrieving new headers.

NewsGuy support says I should be getting headers as fast as I was before
their change. Agent support says as long as I have certain settings set
the way I do then it isn't Agent's fault.

So the only way to sort this out is to try a different news reader. What
recommendations do you have?

Try 'pan'.

http://pan.rebelbase.com/download/

I love Pan. It's my go too reader on Linux and Windows. Pan+e_s=win!