Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Caspersz Adrian Caspersz is offline

Default DIY NAS question for the *nix experts

On 2016-02-07, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

[14 lines snipped]

But my comments about SCSI
termination being a black art stand. I've worked with SCSI for many
years from the early SASI devices, right up to U320 SCSI.

I never had any trouble with it, and I supported SCSI based Sun stuff
for many years. Perhaps because it was all single vendor?

Jumpers and terminators, not many got the science about what had to be
done with different/mixed SCSI widths, cables, number of cables,
position of the controller, auto termination, were taken in
consideration.

I was, er, perfect....

You missed active/passive terminators.

Yes and sacrificing goats. Cripes, barely remembered that.

http://www.staff.uni-mainz.de/neuffer/scsi/fun.html

--
Adrian C