Jerry G.

Default Philips vs Toshiba?

Between the two of them, based on what I see just about every day, I would
go for the Toshiba by a long shot! Between all of the many sets I see, my
preference would be either Sony, or Panasonic.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Ebeneezer Geezer" wrote in message
I wonder if some of the skilled people here could voice an opinion to help
me.

I need to replace a blown up 50" mitsubishi and am looking at a Philips
hidef 51" versus a Toshiba hidef 51". The Toshiba is about 450$ plus tax
more.

I wonder if the Toshiba is worth the extra cash? Does anyone have experience
with the track record regarding recent rear projection sets from these two
manufacturers?

I have heard that over recent years the Sony seems to have had abnormal
build issues as an example.

I think either one will do the job in terms of raw capability for what I
need.

TIA for any input........