Posted to alt.home.repair
KenK KenK is offline

Default News reader recommendations

Gordon Shumway wrote in
:

A couple months ago my news provider, NewsGuy, changed the way they
number the articles. Since then my news reader, Agent 6.0 has been
very slow in retrieving new headers.

NewsGuy support says I should be getting headers as fast as I was
before their change. Agent support says as long as I have certain
settings set the way I do then it isn't Agent's fault.

So the only way to sort this out is to try a different news reader.
What recommendations do you have?

I've used Xnews for a very long time. Love it. However, You should know
that it may no longer be supported - better check in case you are
interested.