Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Twisted pair overhead power lines? Why?

On Monday, February 8, 2016 at 12:02:28 PM UTC-5, Micky wrote:
On Sun, 07 Feb 2016 14:03:07 -0600, dpb wrote:

We started a number of years ago
after a massive ice event took almost 60% of our total transmission
lines down.

OT, but just wanted, without any attempt to be sarcastic or nasty, to
ask when ice storm became ice event. I heard on the radio a few days
ago, bleeding event, as opposed to bleeding. Is the new occupation
of event planner the reason there are so many more events these days?

It may be related to the description of an ice storm found he

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_storm

The first paragraph states:

"They are not violent storms, but instead commonly perceived as gentle
rains occurring at temperatures just below freezing."

If I look outside and see "gentle rains" I'm not going to say "Wow,
what a storm!" So why I should refer to the resulting coating of ice
as a "ice storm"?

Since an "event" is basically something that happens, an ice event, a snow
event, a bleeding event basically means that ice happened, snow happened
and bleeding happened.

What sucks is when they happen all at once. ;-)