Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY NAS question for the *nix experts

On 2016-02-07, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

[14 lines snipped]

But my comments about SCSI
termination being a black art stand. I've worked with SCSI for many
years from the early SASI devices, right up to U320 SCSI.

I never had any trouble with it, and I supported SCSI based Sun stuff
for many years. Perhaps because it was all single vendor?

we used to plug third party disks into SUNs all the time.

As long as the terminator was in place, not a problem

too dark to read.

Groucho Marx