Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Christopher Tidy Christopher Tidy is offline

Default Reiling Pump Oil Can

Am Montag, 8. Februar 2016 00:30:03 UTC+1 schrieb Joseph Gwinn:
On Feb 7, 2016, Christopher Tidy wrote
(in ):

I have the Reilang "Profi" oil can. It went for a year or two without being
frequently used, and now it only pumps when upside down. I need to strip it
down and find the problem. I suspect that a drop of water got into one of the
ball valves.

Given that the oiler only works when upside-down, it's probably the valve
at the very bottom, where water will collect. That ball is exposed. Unscrew
the pump assembly from the body and push the protruding ball against the
table, but not so hard as to distort the seat. That should break the ball
loose. The other ball is harder to get to, but still not all that difficult.

The diagram in the original patent is pretty clear: US Patent 2,765,963
toReinhold Langguth (Reilang is a contraction of his name). Haussmann bought
Langguth's company, and they are proud of it.

Get a copy of2,765,963 from Google patents.

Joe Gwinn

Thanks. I'll take a look at the can tomorrow.